If you enable Zoom Transcript Ingestion as described in this article, those recordings will NOT be sent for ASR transcription, regardless of the ASR media toggle settings in Echo360. Echo360 does not detect whether or not the recording has or ever receives a transcription from Zoom; it simply ignores Zoom recordings if the Zoom transcription toggle is turned on. Other media will still be sent based on the ASR transcription feature settings. Administrators CAN send Zoom recordings individually to ASR for transcription if necessary.
If your Zoom license provides it, you can enable Audio transcripts for your cloud recordings in Zoom and Zoom will transcribe your meetings automatically. Echo360 will pull those transcripts, along with the meeting recording, when it ingests the Zoom meetings per your app configuration and each user's opt-in status. See Integrating with Zoom for more information if necessary.
The Zoom configurations page has a simple toggle for enabling or disabling automatic-ingestion of the Zoom transcripts along with the media.
To enable/disable Zoom transcript ingestion
- Log into Echo360 as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon (it looks like a gear) in the top-right area of the main navigation bar.
- Select Configurations from the drop-down list.
- Select Zoom Configurations from the left side of the page.
- Slide the toggle to enable or disable Ingest Zoom Audio Transcripts feature. It is enabled by default and all recordings are ingested with their transcripts if they exist.
- Click SAVE.
Note that if you disable automatic transcript ingestion, the transcripts can always be downloaded from Zoom and uploaded to the media through the Echo360 transcript editor if needed.