Only institution-level Administrators have access to this feature toggle.
This feature allows Students to apply transcripts as closed captions for any video or audio media for which they have access to the transcripts. The purpose is to allow students who have completed editing and/or reviewing a transcript to apply those cues to the media as closed captions, removing the need for another user to log in and apply them.
This toggle is NOT related at all to the Closed captioning toggle; the Closed captioning toggle turns on/off an integration with a third party captioning service. This toggle strictly enables the Apply to CC button for students in the transcript editor when they are working with media they do not own.
WARNING about published content: Whenever an item is edited, transcripts, closed captions, or otherwise, the changes apply to the content in ALL LOCATIONS where it can be viewed.
To enable student pushing transcripts to closed captions
- Log into Echo360 as an Institution-level administrator.
- Click the Settings icon and select Institution Settings.
- Select Features from the options in the right panel, as shown in the below figure.
- If necessary, scroll down to the Content Creation and Management section of the page.
- Click the toggle to turn the Student Push Transcripts to Closed Captioning feature on or off. It is OFF by default. Review the warning message that appears.
NOTE: There is no override for the Student Push Transcripts to Closed Captioning toggle. It is either enabled or disabled for all students in the Institution.
See Automatic Transcriptioning Service or ASR for additional details surrounding transcriptioning. See Using the Echo360 Transcript Editor for more information and documentation to provide students for editing transcripts.