Editing a user's profile involves editing personal account information, including name, email address, phone number, SSO ID, Zoom settings (if you have integrated with Zoom), and role.
IMPORTANT: If this information comes in from an external system for the user (the SSO system or LMS/VLE), any changes you make in Echo360 are likely to be overwritten by the external system the next time the user accesses Echo360. It is recommended that you make these changes in the system of provenance and allow them to propagate into Echo360 the way they normally do, if possible.
To edit a user's profile
- From the main menu, click Users.
- Use the Search text box or the Filter drop-down lists to find the user(s) you need to edit. You can also sort the list by clicking a column header.
- For the user you want to edit, click the chevron located on the right side of the row. This is shown in the above figure.
- Select Edit Profile from the chevron menu.
The Edit User panel appears, allowing you to edit the First name, Last name, Email address, Phone number, Zoom settings, and assigned role(s).
- When finished, click SAVE.
- If you REVOKED a student, instructor, teaching assistant role from the user, you will see a Warning box, letting you know that the user will be removed from those sections where they carry that role. Click OK on the warning (or Cancel to make different changes.
For information on adding or editing section enrollments for a user, see Assigning Users to Sections.