Deleting capture schedules is actually quite easy, but HOW you do it depends on whether you are an Administrator or a Scheduler, and whether it is a recurring or non-recurring capture.
Understand that any captures that already exist from a deleted schedule are not affected. FUTURE classes that may have been auto-created in a section to hold the captures are deleted from the section UNLESS the instructor or teaching assistant has published media to the future class OR has edited the details (name, description) in any way. Those classes are NOT deleted when the schedule is deleted. You may want to inform the instructor.
For administrators, the simplest method for deleting captures is probably from the Captures page. Use this method to delete recurring and non-recurring captures, as well as those auto-published to a section (section schedules) or not auto-published. In fact, this is the ONLY method for deleting captures/schedules that are NOT auto-published to a section, recurring or otherwise.
To delete scheduled captures from the Captures page
Only Administrators can delete captures/capture schedules from the Captures page.
- Go to the Captures page and click Scheduled from the options across the top.
- Use the search box and filters on the left side of the page to find the capture/capture schedule you want to delete.
- Your options are:
- For a single, non-recurring capture, click the Delete icon (trash can) that appears on the right side of the row.
- For a single occurrence of a recurring capture schedule, click the Delete icon (trash can) that appears on the right side of the row. BE SURE you are deleting the correct instance.
- To delete all REMAINING captures on a recurring capture schedule, click ON the row for any instance of the capture schedule, then edit the End Date to be today or earlier so that no future captures are generated. Captures that have already occurred are not affected.
- To delete ALL instances of a recurring capture schedule that has not yet started, and that is NOT auto-published, click ON the row for any instance of the capture schedule. Change Repeats to None and Save. When you return to the Captures page, click the Delete icon for the single remaining capture instance.
Recurring captures for a section that have not yet started can more easily be deleted from the Section schedule page, as described later on this page.
If you are not sure whether a capture is recurring or not, look for a small curved arrow icon located to the left of the capture title, as shown in the below figure. This icon indicates that this capture is recurring.
The deletion steps above are the only way to delete scheduled captures that are NOT auto-published to a section. These can be used for auto-published captures as well. The next section provides the steps needed for Schedulers to delete capture schedules, or for Admins or Schedulers to delete Section schedules in their entirety. Section schedules are also referred to as auto-published capture schedules.
Deleting capture schedules for sections
Scheduler-role users do not have access to the Captures page. This means they can only delete capture schedules through the Courses page, by opening the schedules page for each section. Admins, of course, have access to both methods.
To access the schedules page for a section, open the Courses page, then use the search box and filters to find the course containing the section(s) you need. Click the arrow to the left of the course to expand it, then click the Schedule icon for the section. This is shown in the below figure.
The Section schedules page that appears lists ALL of the captures that have been generated for this section, including Ad Hoc and other non-recurring one-off captures. It also shows the recurring capture schedules that auto-publish recordings to the section.
You can distinguish recurring from non-recurring captures using the Dates shown for each. Those that display a start and end date are recurring. Those that have a single-date are non-recurring. The figure below identifies two recurring capture schedules for this section.
The steps below use a recurring schedule as an example, but they can be used to delete non-recurring schedules. You can also delete capture schedules that have already occurred if you want to. Since the capture already exists, nothing changes except to remove the entry from the Section schedules page.
IMPORTANT: If the capture schedule publishes to multiple sections, deleting the schedule deletes it for ALL listed sections. To remove the schedule for only one of the sections, click the pencil icon for the schedule to open the capture dialog box, then edit the schedule by removing one of the sections it publishes to. See Managing Capture Schedules for more information if necessary.
To delete a capture schedule (recurring or non-recurring) for a section
- Open the Courses page and search for the course containing the section you want.
- Click the arrow to the left of the course to expand it and show the sections it contains.
- Click the Schedules icon for the section.
- In the Section schedules page, find the schedule you want to delete.
- Click the arrow to the left of the schedule entry to expand it, as identified in the below figure.
- Click ON the entry in the schedule to show a pop-up box containing details about the schedule. This is shown in the below figure.
- Click the Delete icon in the pop-up box. This is shown in the below figure.
- In the warning dialog box that appears, confirm that you want to delete this capture schedule. THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE. If you delete a schedule by mistake, you will need to create a new one.
As stated earlier, any captures that already exist from the deleted schedule are not affected. FUTURE classes that were auto-created to hold the captures are deleted from the section UNLESS the instructor or teaching assistant has published media to the future class OR has edited the details (name, description) in any way. Those classes are NOT deleted when the schedule is deleted. You may want to inform the instructor.