Included in the Echo360 customized alerts for administrators is an alert to notify you that a capture device has gone offline or is now missing from the room. Setting this alert involves both selecting WHICH rooms/devices you want to monitor AND selecting an "offline threshold" to trigger the alert notification.
IMPORTANT: The alert will not be sent if the device is offline at the time you do the alert configuration; the alert is triggered when the device GOES offline or missing from the room, at which point the room is monitored and if the device does not come back online before the set threshold expires (you set that timing threshold) the email notification goes out.
Because the alerts are sent to your account email address, and can be customized by each user, the Alert Preferences configuration resides on your Account Settings page, as shown in the below figure. Furthermore, since administrative alerts are enabled by individual users, the email alert is sent even if the institutional setting for Email notifications is disabled.
To enable and configure the capture device offline/missing alert
- Log into Echo360 as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon and select Account Settings.
- Select Alert Preferences from the left side of the Account Settings page, as shown in the above figure.
- Use the checkbox to enable the Capture Device Offline or Missing alert option.
The alert expands to show a Set Capture Devices button, shown in the figure above.
- Click Set Capture Devices.
- In the pop-up window that appears, use the checkboxes to select which rooms/devices you want to be alerted about if they go offline or missing. Use the checkbox located ABOVE the list to select or de-select ALL of the devices.
You can sort the list by clicking on the column headings to find the device(s) you are looking for; click the filter icon to filter the list as shown in the below figure; notice also that the list is paginated, so you may need to page through to find the device you want.
- Once your devices have been selected, use the drop-down list at the top of the dialog box to set a timing threshold that will trigger an alert. Your choices are 5, 10, 20, or 30 minutes. If any of the selected devices does not come back online before this threshold setting, an email alert will be sent notifying you.
- When finished, click Save Device List.
Your selections and settings are saved and you are returned to the Alert Preferences page. The number of selected devices is shown in the Offline Device Notification area of the Alert configuration.