Some Echo360 features can be turned on or off at the Institution level. When disabled, the features that users would normally see and which are described in the Online Help, are not available.
Institution-level feature toggles are accessed by clicking the Settings icon - it looks like a gear and is located to the right of your name at the top of the Echo360 page. Then select Institution Settings. The Institution is located at the top of the list on the left and is selected by default.
The Feature Toggle switches are segregated into two tabs:
- The Features tab list all the settings, categorized by type, that affect the entire institution.
- The Section Features tab lists the settings that affect things like downloads and Q&A at multiple levels, down to the Section level (configurable by an Instructor) if "Allow overrides" is checked.
- MOST of the Section Feature toggles are also configurable at the Organization or Department level. Select the Org or Dept from the list on the left to configure features for that level of the hierarchy.
IMPORTANT: All features described in the topics linked below are available to enable or disable at the institution level. Some are also available at lower hierarchical levels, including, organization, department, and section. Understand that enabling or disabling a feature at a higher level also sets the default for that feature at the lower levels; use the Allow override checkbox to determine if the setting can be changed at a lower level.
Institution Feature Toggles
The Features toggles available on the Institution Settings page include (grouped by category):
- Enable Delegated Administration - including toggles for setting access to published/unpublished captures.
- Disable Delegated Administration - including information on what happens to lower-level admins when this is disabled.
Content Creation and Management
- Enable or Disable Automatic Transcription Service (ASR)
- Enable or Disable Student Transcript Editor
Note that the ASR Course Media and the Student Transcript Editor toggle both allow Org, Dept, and Section-level control. It appears in the Features list for institution-level admins; it appears in the Section Features list for delegated (org/dept) admins.
- Enable/Disable Closed Captioning for the Institution
- Enable/Disable Ad Hoc Capture Button for Instructors
- Enable/Disable Capture Deletion by Instructors
- Enable/Disable Capture Unpublishing by Instructors
- Enable or Disable Copying of Shared Content
- Enable/Disable Student Library Page
- Enable/Disable the Ability to Create Groups
Public Links and Embeddable player links
Email and Notifications
Universal Capture Features
Learning Management Systems (LTI)
These options have been moved to the Configurations page > LMS configurations. They are referenced here for ease of finding the relevant articles.
- Enable/Disable Section Creation through the LMS
- Limit Section Selections for LMS Linking
- Enable/Disable Prompting LMS Users for Echo360 Password
Section Features Toggles
The Section Features toggles available on the Institution Settings page include (grouped by category):
Note that the ASR toggle has been updated to allow Org, Dept, and Section-level control. It appears in the Features list for institution-level admins; it appears in the Section Features list for delegated (org/dept) admins.
Instructor and Teaching Assistant Permissions
- Enable/Disable Section Access Links
- Enable/Disable Co-instructor Editing
- Allow/Restrict the Ability to Edit Section Name
- Enable/Disable Section Enrollment Management by Instructors
- Enable/Disable Section Cloning by Instructors
- Allow/Restrict Instructor or Teaching Assistant Copying of Class-published Content
Student Content Access
- Delay Video Availability Until Captioned
- Enable or Disable Out of Term Student Access
- Allow/Restrict Student Copying of Class-published Content
- Enable/Disable Class Content Downloads
- Enable/Disable Out of Term Content Downloads
- Enable/Disable Shared Content Downloads