- Capture & Device API - Used to communicate with capture devices, including the SCHD, the Echo360 PRO, the Echo360 POD as well as Classroom Capture or Universal Capture: Classroom mode installations where necessary.
The current Capture API is version 3.0.2 The Echo360 Capture API Reference Guide is available in PDF form for download and use. If this link does not work, use the attachments link at the bottom of this page.
- Echo360 API - Used to communicate programmatically with the Echo360 active learning platform, providing the ability to retrieve, create, update, and delete objects such as courses, sections, and schedules.
You are strongly encouraged to use the online Swagger Docs for the Echo360 public API, to familiarize yourself with the available calls. It is fully up to date and provides the model and schema for each call. See Using Swagger Docs UI for API Calls for more information.
If you prefer to use a static/printable version of the API documentation, we have generated a static version of the Swagger Docs, which you can download locally for your use. You have the following options:
- A bootprint generated HTML file; this is packaged with the main.css file into a zip file and attached to this article. Download the zip file and then extract both files to the same directory to make use of the CSS stylesheet for visually rendering the information.
- A PDF of the HTML file; it is self-contained as a single file attached to this article, and can be downloaded for viewing or printing as needed.
If clicking the attachment links at the bottom of this article does not open or download the files, right-click (or command+click) and select Save target as from the menu.
These attachments were updated on October 2018, to include the new /medias/ API calls as well as the V2 Schedule API calls.
In both formats, the tags, paths, and JSON objects in the static file are linked throughout, so you can access the associated information quickly. We hope to develop a cleaner and even easier to navigate version of the static Swagger Docs file at some point in the future.
IMPORTANT: We implemented "rate limiting" on the API calls to 120/minute because too many calls from a single institution can throttle the system for the entire region. If you are using an API script and your script hits the rate limit, Echo360 will return 429 responses. If you receive 429 responses, implement pause/sleep commands into the script, to meter out the calls to below this limit. You may also need to obtain a new access token in order to resume.
Additionally, any requests sent to endpoints that support paging have a minimum return set of 1, a default return set of 100, and a maximum return set of 150. If you need to parse results sets larger than 150, you will need to make multiple calls to these endpoints.
Echo360 also provides two different public Software Development Kits (SDKs) to assist with using the Echo360 API. The SDKs can be downloaded as zip files by Admins from the Settings > Downloads page.
Each SDK download has complete interface documentation included zip file along with examples showing how to use every single interface class. The documentation is located in the “Echo360 SDK Documentation” directory of the extracted zip file contents.
- Echo360 Java SDK - The SDK is a simple Java interface to the existing API. Besides the full SDK documentation referenced above, there is also a quick start readme.txt file located in the top level of the zip file.
- Echo360 .NET SDK - The SDK is a simple .NET interface to the existing API. There is a link located at the top level of the zip file that launches the documentation. Alternately, you can double-click the index.htm file located in the Echo360 SDK Documentation directory, to launch the .NET SDK help.
The example projects provided for the .NET SDK require Visual Studio 2013 and, for security reasons, .NET 4.5.
Use the Attachments links below for downloading the associated API documents. (Return to top)