Administrators have access to all video media in the system, both lecture captures and uploads from users. These are listed in the Captures page of the Administrator interface.
Clicking on capture row from the Captures page list opens the Media Details page (also called the Content Details page - the terms are used interchangeably). As the name would imply, this page provides details about the media and media functionality. It also provides access to all features available for the media, from publishing and sharing, to closed captions and transcriptions, changing ownership, and making media edits, making a copy, downloading, or deleting.
The top section of the Media Details page has a playback or preview panel at the top. This allows you to play the video. The area immediately below the playback panel contains the Title of the media, a set of commands for the media, a Description if there is one, how long ago it was created, and the owner.
The media commands work as follows:
- Share - Opens the Share Settings dialog box, shown here. These same Share options are available in the Share Settings area of the media details page, described in the next section on this page.
- Edit Media - Opens the video editor. See Editing a Video.
- Edit - Opens the Edit Details dialog box where you can enter/edit a Title, Description, and Tags for the media.
- Make A Copy - Creates a copy of the media that you now own. The copy also appears in the Captures page (as does all video media), with you as the owner.
- Download - Allows you to download a copy of the media to your local drive. You are asked to make selections regarding video, quality, or download only audio of the file. You can also use the links to the processed and source files located in the bottom right section of the Media Details page to download files locally.
- Delete - Deletes the media from the system entirely. This cannot be undone.
The middle section of the Media Details page contains the items that you as an admin are most likely to work with.
The items in the middle section of the media details page include:
- Share to Classes - The Classes section shows the class name, course, and section where this item has already been published. See also Publishing and Removing Media for a Course.
- Click Add To A Class to add the media to a course.
- Click the X to the right of a listed class/course/section to remove this item from that course/section/class.
- Change Owner - The owner of the video appears at the top of the Details tab, on the right side. Click on the edit icon (it looks like a pencil) to select a different owner for this media, or None. The media will be removed from the original owner's content library; it will continue to be shared to other users, groups, and classes if it already resides there.
- Closed Captions - The Captions entry in the Details tab on the right side identifies whether this video has a closed captioning file applied to it, and allows you to Upload, Send for Processing or Delete a closed captioning file as needed.
- Transcriptions - The Transcripts entry in the Details tab on the right side identifies whether this video has been transcribed and allows you to Add or Update transcriptions as needed. See also Managing Transcriptions of Captures.
- Activity tab located on the right side of the bottom section. This provides capture, processing, and publishing information about the media as it applies. If there is a problem with the media, the Activity tab should also note if/where an error occurred during the creation or processing of the media.
The bottom section of the Media Details page contains all of the the Share settings available to you (in addition to the class publishing discussed above). It also contains links to the processed files available for download and the system identifiers for the device that generated the capture along with the IDs for the capture and the media. These IDs can be useful when troubleshooting an issue with Echo360 support.
The bottom section of the Media Details page, below the class publishing section, has Share options, including:
- Share to Individuals - The Individuals section lists all the Echo360 users to whom this media has been shared. See also Sharing and Unsharing Media with other Echo360 Users.
- Click into the Share with drop-down box and begin typing a user's name or email address, then select the user from the matching options that appear.
- Click the X to the right of a user to un-share this media with that user.
- Generate a Shareable Link - The Links section lists all links that have already been generated for this media and allows you to control and configure them as needed. See also Generating a Web Link and Embed Code for a Video.
- Click Add Link to create a link to this media
- Toggle the Share slider on or off to Activate or Deactivate an existing link.
- Click Delete for a link to delete an existing link.
- Share to Group - The Groups section shows all of the groups to which this media has been added. As an administrator, you can also add this media to any group in the system, or remove it from a group as needed. If you are a delegated admin, you can add any media you have access to, into any group where you are a member.
Finally, on the bottom-right side of the Content Details page, you will see a list of processed files for this media. They are active links and if you click any of them, you will download that file to your local computer.