Who can do this?
Group Managers (formerly Group Owners) and Echo360 administrators can control group membership (adding, removing, changing member permissions).
Adding users to a group allows those members to have access to the media in the group. What they can do with the media in the group depends on the access level and permissions they are granted. All members of the group can view the media.
Use the Membership tab in your groups to see a current list of members, and to access the Add Member button, identified in the below figure.
You can change any group member's access level or permissions at any time, except for other managers. Managers cannot remove or demote (reduce permissions) of other managers in the group. Only Echo360 administrators can perform that task. Alternately you can ask the other manager to leave the group, then add them back with different permissions.
To add a user to a group
- Enter the group you want to add the user to.
- Click the Membership tab, identified in the figure at the top of this page.
- Click the Add Media button, identified in the figure at the top of this page.
- In the Add a Member modal shown below, begin typing in the Share with field to begin a search for matching users. The search attempts to match first name, last name, and email address with the text you enter as you type.
- When the user you want appears, select them from the list.
- Click on the Access level drop-down list to select the permissions you want to give this user. Selecting each Access level displays a list of that level's media permissions, all of which are described in Managing Group Membership and Permissions.
- If none of the pre-set access levels are appropriate, click Custom, then use the checkboxes to add specific media permissions to this user. Your Custom selection options are described in Managing Group Membership and Permissions.
- When finished, click Share.
IMPORTANT: Giving Students the Post permission in the group makes it possible for the Student to select this group media for submitting in an LMS/VLE Homework assignment through the Echo360 embed media tool. IF the student does that, that media is locked and cannot be edited or deleted, even by the owner. Admins can delete the media if necessary. Owners can make a copy for themselves if they need to.
The user is added to the Membership list, and their Access level or Custom permissions are shown along with their name and email address, as shown below.