WHO CAN DO THIS? Only group Owners and Echo360 admins can control group membership (adding, removing, changing member rights).
Adding users to a group lets those members view any content added to the group. Members can also be given Add or Remove media privileges if appropriate. Members can also be added as Owners if you want to give group administrative privileges to other users. See Managing Group Member Privileges for more information on granting group rights.
You can manually add members to the group using the below instructions, or you can post/distribute a Group Link to allow users to add themselves to your group (with View Only rights).
To add members to a group
- Click Groups from the top menu.
The figure below shows an instructor top navigation bar, but administrators also have a Groups option in the top menu.
- Click on the Group tile to enter the main group page.
The group page opens, with the Content tab active by default.
- Click the Sharing & Members tab to activate it, as shown in the below figure.
- Scroll down to see all of the available Share Settings, and the Share with text box for adding users. You will also see any existing members of the group.
- If you are adding users who must have HIGHER than View Only privileges in the group, uncheck the View Only box.
This makes the Add & Upload and Remove checkboxes available. These privileges refer only to adding/removing content; only owners can add/remove members.
- Add a checkmark to the content Share Settings you want the users you are adding to posses.
- Begin typing into the Share with text box to find a user with a matching name or email address, as shown below.
- Select the user from the list that you want to add to the group. As soon as they are selected, they appear in the Members list.
NOTICE that the newly added user has the group content sharing privileges that were enabled at the time they were added.
IMPORTANT: Adding a user as an Owner to the group gives that user full administrative rights and privileges to the group. This includes adding/removing content as well as adding/removing members AND changing all members' group privileges.
Owners cannot edit other owners' privileges and cannot remove them from the group. If you need to edit another owner, contact your Echo360 Administrator. Echo360 Admins have full administrative rights to all groups in the system.
- Repeat these steps for any other users you want to add to the group.
Note that you can change a user's content sharing privileges after adding them to the group. Simply check or uncheck their individual group content sharing rights from the Members list. This allows you to add a set of users all with the same content privileges, but then alter a few after the additions are complete.