All capture appliances default to using DHCP for network communications. You can, however, select Static IP as the network setting for any given device. This must be done on an individual device basis because, logically, you need to set the static IP address for each device to use.
You can set the Static IP address configuration when you first add it to a room, or you can update the device configuration after the device is added to a room. The below instructions apply AFTER the device has been added to a room.
Be sure to enter all of the Static IP Address field information (as described below) or the device will revert to using DHCP.
Echo360 currently only supports IPv4 addresses for static IP network communication; IPv6 is not supported.
To change Network Settings for a capture appliance
- From the main menu, select ROOMS.
- Find the room with the device you need to change. Use the filtering lists at the top of the screen to narrow which rooms are shown.
- Click the chevron (small arrow) located in the upper-right of the Room tile. You may need to hover your mouse over the tile to see the arrow.
- Select Configure.
- Scroll down to find the Network Settings.
DHCP is selected by default for all devices.
- Select Static IP Address (IPv4).
The Network Settings section expands to show the required fields.
- Complete all fields with the appropriate configuration information:
- IP Address
- Subnet Mask
- Default Gateway
- Primary DNS
- Secondary DNS
- Edit any other necessary device settings on the page, and click SAVE.
- Select Download from the bottom of the page to download the configuration XML file.
- Copy the downloaded
device.xmlfile to a FAT formatted thumb drive. Be sure there are no other files on the drive, and that the
device.xmlis written to the root location of the drive.
- Insert the thumb drive into the appliance (the appliance must be powered on and have been so for at least five minutes), and upload the file to the device.
Once the configuration has been applied to the device (this may take several minutes), the device should appear online and ready for capture. See Configuring Capture Appliances for any additional information needed.
The other input and configuration choices depend on the type of capture appliance assigned to that room. See Echo360 Pro Capture and Device Settings or SCHD Input and Device Settings or Echo360 Pod Device and Capture Settings as appropriate.
Complete ALL Fields: Be advised that you MUST complete ALL fields in the Static IP Address network settings. If you do not, or any of the information you enter is not valid, the device configuration will revert to using DHCP after you click SAVE.