This page provides safe use instructions and appliance safety regulations for the Echo360 Pro device. Review this page carefully before using the Pro.
|Symbol||Description of Indicated Hazard|
|The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol, within an equilateral triangle, is intended to alert the user to the presence of uninsulated "dangerous voltage" within the product's enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons.|
|The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operating and maintenance (servicing) instruction in the literature accompanying the appliance.|
Important Safety Instructions
|Notification Symbol||Description of Hazard|
|This appliance has been designed and manufactured to assure personal safety. Improper use can result in electric shock or fire hazard. The safeguards incorporated in this appliance will protect you if you observe the following procedures for installation, use, and servicing. This unit does not contain any parts that can be repaired by the user.|
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- If you see smoke coming from the appliance or if the appliance gives off an unusual odor, immediately disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet. Failing to disconnect the power risks fire. Make sure the smoke or odor dissipates. Then contact Echo360 or your dealer for evaluation and repair.
- If you are concerned about the safety or integrity of the appliance:
- Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet AND from the appliance.
- Contact Echo360 or your dealer for evaluation and repair.
|Notification Symbol||Description of Hazard|
|If any electrical issue is suspected or found, disconnect the appliance from all power by unplugging the power cord from the wall socket AND from the appliance.
Turning off the power switch does not completely isolate the device from AC power.
Rack Mount Installation
Be advised of the following when using a rack mount installation for the Pro:
- Elevated Operating Ambient Temperatures. If installed in a closed or multi-unit rack assembly, the operating ambient temperature of the rack environment may be greater than the room ambient. Make sure the rack environment is no warmer than the maximum ambient temperature specified by Echo360. See note below.
- Reduced Air Flow. Make sure the rack environment has sufficient air flow.
- Mechanical Loading. Mount the appliance evenly and securely.
- Circuit Overloading. Do not overload the supply circuit. Overloading can compromise overcurrent protection and supply wiring. Adhere to the ratings on the equipment nameplates.
- Reliable Grounding/Earthing. Reliable grounding of all appliances must be maintained. Particular attention should be given to supply connections other than direct connections to the branch circuit (e.g., use of power strips).
The allowable operating temperature of the Echo360 PRO device is between 0° – 50° C (32° – 122° F). Be sure to install the device in a location where the temperature around the unit does not exceed this limit. If operated in an environment where temperatures exceed this limit, the unit may overheat and malfunction permanently.
Regulatory Compliance Information
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class A digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a non-residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
--Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
--Increase the separation between the appliance and receiver.
--Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
--Consult Echo360, your dealer, or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
To assure continued compliance, follow the provided installation instructions and use only shielded interface cables when connecting to peripheral devices.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. See instructions if interference to radio or television reception is suspected.
L'utilisation de ce dispositif est autorisée seulement aux conditions suivantes: (1) il ne doit pas produire de brouillage et (2) l'utilisateur du dispositif doit étre prêt à accepter tout brouillage est susceptible de compromettre le fonctionnement du dispositif.
Changes or modifications made to this equipment, not expressly approved by Echo360 or parties authorized by Echo360, could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
Radio and Television Interference
This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio-frequency energy. If it is not installed and used in accordance with instructions provided by Echo360, it may cause interference with radio and television reception.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class A digital device in accordance with the specification in Part 15 of the FCC rules. These specifications are designed to provide reasonable protection against such interference in an installation. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
You can determine whether this appliance is causing interference by unplugging the device. If the interference stops, it was probably caused by the equipment.
If this equipment does cause interference to radio or television receptions, try one or more of the following techniques:
- Turn the radio or television antenna until the interference stops.
- Change the orientation of the appliance relative to the radio or television.
- Move the appliance farther away from the radio or television.
- Plug the appliance into an electrical outlet that is on a different circuit from the radio or television.
If necessary, consult an experienced radio/television technician for additional suggestions.
WARNING! Changes or modifications to this appliance that are not authorized by Echo360, Inc. could void the EMC compliance and negate your authority to operate the appliance.
This appliance has demonstrated electro-magnetic compliance (EMC) when using shielded cables (including Ethernet cables) between system components to reduce the possibility of causing interference to other electronic devices.
Disposal and Recycling
This equipment uses a long-life battery to maintain memory settings. The battery may not need to be replaced during the life of the appliance.
If the battery does need to be replaced, please refer servicing to Echo360 or your dealer.
Do not dispose of this appliance with normal household or light commercial waste. Contact your local waste disposal agency for advice.