When users are added to the system or enrolled/removed from sections, they receive a notification email. Sometimes administrators want to do mass enrollments and don't want users receiving multiple (or any) email about it.
If you are using a Single-sign-on system to log users in and pass them into Echo360, OR you are using an LMS where users authenticate then access Echo360, these users do not need registration or section invitation/enrollment email from Echo360, because these users do not access Echo360 directly. In fact, you probably don't want them to receive the auto-generated registration or enrollment email.
To avoid all of this electronic traffic, you can disable Email notifications for the institution. Toggling this switch off disables ALL auto-generated email from Echo360, including:
- New user registration
- Section enrollment/dis-enrollment
- Re-invitations to the system or to a section
- Notifications that video/media processing is complete and media is online
Note that a password reset email will still be sent if a user clicks the Forgot Password link on the login page.
To disable auto-generated email notifications:
- Log in as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the Settings menu, select Institution Settings.
The Institution appears at the top of the list and is selected by default.
- On the right side of the Institution Settings page, click Features.
- Under Features, disable the Email notifications toggle switch (it is enabled by default).
- Click Yes on the confirmation message that appears.
Automated email notifications from Echo360 are now disabled; users will not receive any messages from the system.