The primary purpose of the Library for users is to provide a centralized location for media that can be shared with other users or published to classes. The Student Library is REQUIRED for students to be able to embed media into an LMS/VLE content window or for submitting an Echo360 video for an assignment.
However, some institutions want to disable the Library for students to keep them from sharing copyrighted or other content that should not be shared with other users.
If the Student Library is enabled, you have the option to decide whether or not to allow students to download Universal Capture: Personal. Enable or disable the Student Software Downloads toggle. If enabled, students will be able to navigate to the Downloads tab and access the Universal Capture installers.
The Student Library is enabled by default.
To disable the Library for students
- Log in as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the Settings menu, select Institution Settings.
The Institution appears at the top of the list and is selected by default.
- On the right side of the Institution Settings page, click Features.
- Under Features, disable the Student library toggle switch (it is enabled by default).
- Click Yes on the confirmation message that appears.
Students will still longer see a LIBRARY tab at the top of their Echo360 window. Furthermore, they will not be able to upload and share content with other users, and they will not be able to see any media that has been shared with them via Echo360.
NOTE: Toggling this switch simply hides the LIBRARY page from student access; any media that may have been resident in the student's library is still there and will appear if the toggle is enabled.