The primary purpose of the Content Home page for users is to provide a centralized location for media that can be shared with other users or published to classes. This Content repository can also be referred to as a content library.
Since Students do not have the right to publish media to classes, some institutions want to disable this library for students to keep them from sharing copyrighted or other content that should not be shared with other users.
If you enable the Library for students, you can then select whether or not to allow students to download Universal Capture: Personal. Enable or disable the Student Software Downloads toggle. If enabled, students will be able to navigate to the Downloads tab and access the Universal Capture installers.
To disable the Content pages for students
- Log in as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the Settings menu, select Institution Settings.
The Institution appears at the top of the list and is selected by default.
- On the right side of the Institution Settings page, click Features.
- Under Features, disable the Student library toggle switch (it is enabled by default).
- Click Yes on the confirmation message that appears.
Students will no longer see a LIBRARY page tab in the top of their Echo360 window. Furthermore, they will not be able to upload and share content with other users, and they will not be able to see any media that has been shared with them via Echo360.
NOTE: Toggling this switch simply hides the LIBRARY page from student access; any media that may have been resident in the student's library is still there and will appear if the toggle is enabled.