All capture appliances have settings common to all devices. These include identifying the time server being used to keep the devices in sync, and the generic logins that can be used to access the devices through the legacy device Web UI.
While initially configured on the Device default configurations page, these settings, like all other device settings, can be changed on individual devices via the ROOMS page.
To configure common device settings
- Log into Echo360 as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper right corner of the page (it looks like a gear).
- Select Configurations from the settings menu.
- From the left side of the Configurations page, click Device default configurations.
- Select Common Settings from the top of the page.
- The Local administrator login and Local instructor login are automatically populated with generic usernames and passwords for each ("admin" or "instructor" and "password").
Enter different values for each, enabling the Show Password slider if needed.
The values entered can be used to log in to any device to which this device configuration is applied.
- Select which Protocol or Protocol/Port combination you want the devices to use for communication and capture upload.
- Select whether you want the device to use an Outbound Proxy.
- If an outbound proxy is selected, enter the Host and Port for the proxy, and the Username/Password to use for Authentication if appropriate (fields shown in the above figure).
- When finished, click SAVE.
- To save your updated device configuration file to a USB thumb drive, click DOWNLOAD.
You can now insert the thumb drive into any capture device to apply these configurations to the device.