Echo360 now supports any IP Camera that provides an RTSP stream for use any Pro, Pod, or Universal Capture: Classroom device. Adding an IP Camera configuration for your Institution will make it available as an input option for all UC-capable devices. Any IP camera configured for an Institution can be used in more than one room for maximum flexibility.
NOTE that when navigating to the IP Camera configuration page, only the configurations for the Institution you last logged into directly are displayed. Switching Institutions via your profile does not update the displayed configurations, you must log out and then log directly into the desired Institution.
Adding an IP Camera Configuration
- Log into Echo360 as an Administrator.
- Click the Settings icon and select Configurations from the Settings menu.
- Select IP Camera configurations from the options on the left.
- Click Add Configuration to start setting up your IP Camera.
- Enter a unique ID that is used to identify the camera on the Rooms configuration screen.
- Enter the RTSP address of the camera. This address is available with the camera utility.
- Select the default resolution of the camera.
- Optionally enter a username and password.
- Click Save.
Adding an additional IP camera is as easy as duplicating a previously saved entry and editing it, or, clicking on Add Configuration again. Click on Delete to remove an IP camera. Once an IP camera has been configured for use with your Institution, it can now be added to a Room.
Note that in order to delete an IP Camera configuration the camera must first be removed from any room configuration – if applicable.
Adding an IP Camera to a Room
Note the following limitations
-- For a Pro, IP Camera selection is limited to Channel 1. See Configuring Pro Input and Device Settings for more information.
-- For a Pod, IP Camera selection is limited to Channel 2. See Configuring Pod Input and Device Settings for more information.
-- For a UC: Classroom device, IP Camera selection is limited to Video input types. See Configuring UC: Classroom Input Devices for more information.
- Navigate to the ROOMS page.
- Use the filtering drop-down lists and/or Search text box to find the room containing the Universal Capture device.
- Hover your mouse over the Room tile to show the menu arrow in the top-right corner of the tile.
- Click the menu arrow and select Configure.
The Configure Room dialog box appears.
- Select IP Camera as the Video input selection.
- Then find and select the ID of the desired IP Camera for use in that Room.
You may optionally choose to capture audio from the camera as seen below on a UC: Classroom configuration page.
- Click Save.