The Audit Trail report is shown by clicking the Audit Trail card on the Administrator’s Dashboard. It provides a detailed list of changes made to objects in the system, the type of change made, and the user logged in who made the change.
By default, data is shown for the past three months. Use the Date Range fields to view earlier audit trail data. The data available goes back to April 2018.
Audit trail entries are provided for the institution as a whole. In addition, all administrators can see all audit trail entries, regardless of whether or not they are an admin with limited or delegated admin access (to an org or dept).
The columns in the audit trail are as follows:
- Time - shows the time and date the change was made
- Username - shows the user who was logged in and made the change
- Action - shows the action made; includes Added, Modified, and Deleted (also Deactivated for users)
- Type - lists the type of object the change was made on; the actions tracked for each type of object are listed below.
- Description - provides specifics about the object on which the action was taken, to include the name of the object (such as Section name or email address for a user).
By default, the list is ordered by date/time, with the most recent changes shown first. Click the Time header to reverse-sort the list. Only the Time column can currently be used to sort.
The list can be filtered by date using the Date Range fields located above the list. Data is available as far back as April 2018, but only the most recent three months are shown by default.
To clear any filtering or sorting and return the list to its original state, click Clear All.
The list is also paginated, showing 30 entries on each page. Use the "next page" arrows located to the bottom-right of the list to move to subsequent pages, and the "previous page" arrows to return to previous pages.
Object Types and Actions Tracked
The below lists identify what actions are tracked for which object types for the Audit Trail Report.
Note that besides the items listed below, modifications to the Institution > Basic Info tab are also shown in the report.
Add, Modify, and Delete actions are shown for:
- Capture Schedule (includes Ad Hoc captures generated by instructors)
Only Delete actions are shown for:
- Capture (any video media and only includes deletes performed by Admins)