Rooms in Echo360 are, logically, located in buildings on campus. Campuses and buildings exist simply as a way to filter or locate your rooms. They do not need to correspond to an actual physical location, though they often do.
Rooms are used for scheduling and to track the location of captures. Each room is associated with one capture device, so that when the room is identified for a class schedule, so is the device.
The workflow goes like this:
- Create a campus.
- Create one or more buildings for that campus.
- Create one or more rooms for the building.
- Add a device to the room.
There are two methods for adding rooms to Echo360:
- Bulk Import - Use the Bulk Room Import feature to add multiple rooms at once, as well as create campuses and buildings, using a properly-formatted CSV file.
- Manual - Add rooms, buildings, and campuses individually through the interface. These instructions are below.
Creating a campus and buildings
You can create a campus and buildings while creating rooms, but for ease of instruction, the procedures are separated out here. The steps, however, are essentially the same.
To create a campus and buildings
- Select Rooms from the main menu.
- Select Manage Campuses and Buildings from the upper-right section of the Rooms Management screen.
- In the dialog box that appears, open the Select a campus drop-down list and select +Add new campus.
- Enter a Campus name.
- Select the Timezone where the campus resides.
- Click SAVE.
- Open the Select a building list and select +Add new building.
- Enter a Building name.
- Click SAVE.
- Repeat steps 7 through 9 to add more buildings to the campus.
- Click DONE.
Repeat the above procedure to create other campuses and their associated buildings as needed.