By default, Instructors can control what students or other instructors are enrolled in their sections. This controls what Echo360 users can view and interact with the section classes and their content. However, some institutions would prefer to retain this capability at an administrative level only.
Administrators can remove the ability for instructors to invite or remove students and other instructors from the section.
When section enrollment management is disabled for instructors, the Settings page for the section shows a list of the enrolled users (either Students or Instructors, depending on which tab is selected), but does not provide the ability to invite or remove users from the section.
Instructor enrollment management is enabled by default but can be disabled at the institution, organization, and/or department level
To remove the ability for instructors to control section enrollments
- Log in as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the Settings menu, select Institution Settings.
The Institution appears at the top of the list and is selected by default.
- Using the list in the left panel, navigate to the organization or department you want to set the default for or remain at the Institution level.
- On the right side of the Institution Settings page, click Features.
- Disable the Instructor enrollment management toggle off (it is enabled by default).
- Click OK on the confirmation message that appears.
- Check or uncheck the Allow override checkbox to determine whether this toggle setting can be changed at any of the lower levels.
Instructors who navigate to the Settings tab for their section can view a list of Students and/or Instructors for the section, but cannot invite additional users and cannot remove users from the section.