When users are added to the system, they receive an email notification at the address entered for the user. This email address is their username for login and is used by Echo360 to uniquely identify each user.
Typically administrators do not want users to be able to edit their email addresses, as those email addresses correspond to their institution email addresses. For LMS-engaged institutions, or institutions that use a single-sign-on solution for authenticating users, the email addresses between the systems MUST MATCH or the user is denied access to Echo360. In these cases, Admins likely want to restrict users from being able to change their email address.
Email editability by end users is disabled by default. Users can see their email address in Account Settings but cannot edit it. Administrators can turn this capability on for the institution using the institution settings in Echo360.
Administrators can always edit any users email address via the USERS page in Echo360.
To enable account email editing by end users
- Log in as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the Settings menu, select Institution Settings.
The Institution appears at the top of the list and is selected by default.
- On the right side of the Institution Settings page, click Features.
- Scroll down to find and enable the Editable emails toggle switch (it is disabled by default).
- Click Yes on the confirmation message that appears.
Once enabled, users can edit their account email addresses using the Account Settings page available through the Settings icon. As stated above, Administrators can always edit any user's email address via the USERS page.