Some institutions want to provide their university policy information on the Legal page in Echo360, making it available for users to review or reference as needed. This also provides a method of dissemination of the university policies or other legal agreements or disclaimers to all Echo360 users for your institution.
If you enter University Policy text, it appears in a University Policies tab on every users Legal page, accessed via the Settings menu as shown below.
The text box on the Legal tab for institutional administrators has a 3600 character limit. If your university policies are longer than this, you may prefer to enter a link to existing published policies, or provide a link to existing policy and use this space to amend or append those policies, specific to the use of Echo360.
To enter university policy verbiage to the Echo360 legal page
- Log in as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the Settings menu, select Institution Settings, as shown in the below figure.
The Institution appears at the top of the list and is selected by default.
- On the right side of the Institution Settings page, click Legal. This is shown in the figure above the procedure.
- Type or copy/paste text into the text box, up to 3600 characters.
- Click SAVE.
If the text entered exceeds 3600 characters, you will receive an error message when saving. Reduce the text entered and click SAVE again until it meets the text limit.
Once saved, the text you entered appears in the University Policies tab of the Legal page.